The Student News Site of King's Way Christian High School

The Knightly News

The Knightly News

The Knightly News

Highlighted Artists

Sailor Cookson, Sam Sica, Brenna Kinnan

SIXTH GRADE

Our sixth grade artist is Sailor Cookson. Sailors’ inspiration to make her painting was from a past art teacher when they did a lesson on fruits and vegetables. She got a lot of her talent from one of her old art teachers, Ms. Jordan. She taught her a lot of what she knows now and currently Sailor is in adult art classes.This avocado artwork is made out of acrylics and watercolor and is one of her favorite artworks she’s made. Sailor has been doing art since she was 7 years old and she does art because it’s calming and it can relieve stress. She also likes it because you can save your work and if you have enough of it, you can look back at your mistakes and get better at it. You can sell it for some money for a side job. Sailor will definitely be doing art class next year and she is looking forward to continuing on her art journey.

SEVENTH GRADE

Our seventh grade artist highlight of this week is Sam Sica.  Sam made this artwork because she read this in the Bible. She found this verse for her friend Ruby and made it for her. She got the idea to make this because she saw a photo like it and wanted to try and see if she could make it too. Sam likes making art because she thinks it’s fun to do and she likes to look at the end product. She enjoys making art and making it for other people. Sam’s favorite type of art is painting. She has been doing art for almost her whole life and her mom and grandma taught her how to make art. To make this artwork she used acrylic paint and a Sharpie. Sam does not take any art classes, but is excited to continue to make more art in the future.

EIGHTH GRADE

This week’s highlighted artist is Brenna Kinnan, and she is in 8th grade. Brenna made a drawing of the cereal Frosted Flakes. She chose to make this artwork because of all the colors and exciting shapes. It stood out to her and she thought it would look cool if she recreated it. She has been drawing since she was a little kid. Brenna likes making art because it can pass time, and she also said you can use your imagination and be creative. Plus, it’s also fun to make. This artwork took her 5 class periods to make and she used sharpie, pencil, and color pencils to make it. Brenna is continuing her art journey next year and is going to still do art later in life too. She took art class so she can get better, and also learned how to worship God with her art. Brenna’s advice to others wanting to make this artwork is to keep working even if things get hard.