The Student News Site of King's Way Christian High School

The Knightly News

The Knightly News

The Knightly News

Highlighted Students

Liam Wolf, Zayley Deskins, Keegan Disbrow

SIXTH GRADE

This week’s highlighted 6th Grade student is Liam Wolf! Liam has been going to King’s Way ever since preschool. One thing that he loves about King’s Way is how everyone is very accepting and kind.. He likes how teachers are good at their jobs and know what they are doing. He has two siblings: a brother and a sister. He has two rabbits named Pitstop and Coco, a labradoodle named Mini, and a cat named Duke. A unique talent he has is Soccer. He has been playing soccer for about seven years. Liam’s position is Goalie; he loves the adrenaline rush that he feels while playing. His dream when he is older is to be a professional Soccer player. Out of all the subjects, his favorite is Social Studies, because he likes learning about how people used to live.. His favorite project in Social Studies was making a 3-D Egyptian mask. This year, he liked learning about the Greeks and Egyptians. His favorite movie series is the Harry Potter series. He finds this enjoyable to watch and is now starting his journey reading the book series. Liam’s favorite Bible verse is John 1:1, because he finds it very powerful.

SEVENTH GRADE

The highlighted 7th Grade student is Zayley Deskins! Zayley joined King’s Way this year. Her favorite part of King’s Way is how kind all the students are. She loves how the teachers are all supportive of everyone. She is an only child, but Zayley has a mixed Australian Shepherd dog, named Lily. Lily is a little over a year old. When Zayley grows up, she hopes to be a horse trainer or an Equestrian Massage Therapist. Since she was young, she has had a passion for animals. Recently, she has discovered a passion for horses. She has been riding horses for 2 ½ years. Her hobbies include crocheting and drawing. Zayley has been crocheting for 6 months and finds it easy and relaxing. She’s been drawing since she was 5 years old and thinks it is fun. In school, her favorite class is STEAM. She likes STEAM because it incorporates Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math. Her favorite project she has done in STEAM is the Rube Goldberg machine. Out of the entire Bible, Zayley loves Psalm 23. This chapter has stuck with her ever since she memorized it; she finds this chapter calming. Her favorite book series is Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and she finds this book adventurous and fun. Reading this book series has helped her connect more with her best friend. A unique talent she has is the ability to hyperfocus. When she knows she has to get something done, or enjoys something, she is able to finish the task at hand unbelievably quickly.

EIGHTH GRADE

The highlighted 8th Grade student is Keegan Disbrow. Keegan has been going to King’s Way for 4 years. He has 2 older brothers, 2 Brittany Griffon dogs, and a cat. The names of the dogs are Milly and Indy., and the cat’s name is Sadie. He has been playing baseball for 10 years. He enjoys playing it, because it is fun. His favorite subject is P.E, because there is no homework. His favorite movie is called, “Top Gun: Maverick..” When asked, he said, Joshua 1:9 is his favorite Bible verse. This one stands out to him because he finds it encouraging, and he likes how it reminds us that God is always with us.